Data Backup & Recovery
AVOIDING RISK AND LOSS
One shocking statistic indicated that more than 50% of small to medium-sized companies that suffer a major data loss event end up going out of business within one year. Having a smart data backup plan and data recovery services in place is a critical component of any successful business. Why gamble with your company’s future? Don’t let one unfortunate event ruin what it took years to build.
Many companies think they have a proper backup plan implemented but don’t realize the pitfalls that exist:
• The backup data recovery procedure in place is not actually backing everything up – for example, SQL server applications may not be getting backed up because they are always in use. Or, the servers are getting backed up but there are files that staff is saving at the desktop level that are being left out of the backup process.
• The data backup and recovery that is in place but is not being implemented correctly or not saving data for long enough–for example, a nightly backup is overwriting the previous night’s backup and files deleted last week are no longer recoverable as a result.
• There is no offsite backup procedure in place, so the local backup that is being done is vulnerable to loss to events such as fire/flood/theft/vandalism.
• There is no recovery plan in place so if data needs to be restored there is no way to get it back.
• The backup procedures are not being managed, monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that what was originally implemented is still working correctly, with disaster recovery solutions.
Losing data of any kind, especially sensitive financial and client data, can really strike a devastating blow to any business. The amount of time and money it would take to restore that information without a plan already in place could set any company back weeks or even months. The possibilities of how data can be lost are endless, including:
- Power outages/surges
- System crashes
- Software failures
- Disgruntled employees
- RAID failures
- Physical damage
- Virus, hacker or malware attacks
- Operating system malfunction
- Disk/Data corruption
- Accidental deletion and formatting
- Natural disasters
Endecom can create and maintain a complete backup solution customized to meet your company’s needs. The type of business you have and what we determine to be your risk profile will help shape a plan that works best for you, whether it’s disk backup, backing up to the cloud, remote server replication or a combination of these.
We utilize multi-level backup systems and solutions, which are encrypted. Our data recovery specialists are also experienced in retrieving lost data from laptop, desktop, server, and workstation hard drives, and from removable media as well.
Why take the risk? Waiting until it’s too late is not an option. We can alleviate the burden of worry that stops you from focusing on the core aspects of your business. Let us implement a plan and infrastructure that will allow you to survive any potential technological disaster or pitfall.
IT Systems & Security Audit
Take advantage of a free IT systems and security audit today. We’ll review your existing systems to uncover ways to increase your productivity, decrease downtime, and save money. We’ll discuss your company and your goals, and suggest solutions that work best for your business, and your budget.