Simply put, a managed service provider (MSP) is a multi-solution tech company that provides IT services to a business. An MSP can service any sized business, and SMB’s find as much use from them as larger corporations. A comprehensive MSP can offer anything from strategic consultation to network security, data backup or standard help desk support. A good MSP will offer much more benefit than a typical tech support company that only uses a break/fix type of model.
The Benefits of Outsourcing to a Managed Service Provider
Generally, an outsourced MSP will be of greater value to a company than an in-house IT staff or team that a company hires directly. Just some of the benefits include:
- Advanced network planning/consultation and leveraging IT to align with the goals of the business
- 24/7 monitoring of all IT systems to reduce yearly downtimes
- A large team of experts that can pool resources when needed to focus on a project
- Reduced and controlled costs compared to an in-house staff
- Having an on-call, streamlined workforce to pull from that can manage multiple locations at once
- Responsive, proactive and prevention-based model rather than a reactive model
- Custom tailored services offered based on the client’s specific needs and industry
- An entire team of experts available without ever having to go through an employee hiring process
- Access to a team that is constantly seeking ways to improve your business
- Vast experience—any MSP that has been in business at least 10+ years will have worked in a multitude of diverse business environments and utilized a large number of solutions and tools.
So the benefits of an MSP are clear, especially when you consider the costs of hiring your own IT employee: the cost of posting the position, finding a qualified candidate, running a background check, administering drug tests, training them and then paying them a steep salary along with insurance and other benefits.
Ready to hire a qualified, comprehensive MSP today? Feel free to reach out to Endecom IT Business Solutions – first-time clients can take advantage of our free network and IT security audit.